Wake Electric Membership Corporation is an electric distribution cooperative owned and controlled by thousands of people just like you—the consumer-members. Wake EMC provides reliable, safe, and affordable energy and related services. We operate as a cooperative business and continually improve our services to meet the needs of our members and enhance their quality of life.
Journeyman coordinate and supervise the activities of the line crew in system construction and maintenance of distribution facilities when the Crew Leader is absent. Performs a broad range of construction and repair work on distribution and transmission lines of all voltage classes. This is a working foreman position.
Principal Duties and/or Requirements:
- Leading a power line crew in safe, proper construction and maintenance practices.
- Conduct on-the-job training for crew members and coordinate work activities.
- Responsible for maintaining and using all tools and equipment required for the job.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Maintain ability to administer First Aid.
- Develop knowledge of all relevant electronic systems.
- Attend regularly scheduled safety meetings, vendor schools and special training and safety sessions, as assigned.
- Must possess, and maintain a Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL.)
- 5-7 Years of linework experience.
- Journeyman card/certification for line work.
- Overhead and underground experience, preferred.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
*Successful candidate must pass a drug screening, background check, and post offer Fit for Duty test.
Wake EMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans/Disabilities