System Operator/Dispatch – Part-time (500.00 Sign-on Bonus)
The Cooperative Services Center (CSC) supports all call center and dispatch functions for Wake Electric Membership Corporation. Wake Electric is an electric distribution cooperative owned and controlled by thousands of people just like you—the consumer-members. Wake EMC provides reliable, safe, and affordable energy and related services. We operate as a cooperative business and continually improve our services to meet the needs of our members and enhance their quality of life.
- Learns and maintains working knowledge of the cooperative policies and procedures.
- Provide accurate, efficient, and timely service in handling consumer request and inquires.
- Timely respond to outages, including crew assignments.
- Timely respond to emergency calls.
- Detailed documentation of the events, monitor all alerts.
- Respond to all after-hours request, including reconnection of electric service.
- Monitor and grant visitors/deliveries access to the Youngsville facility.
- Hours not to exceed 20-hours per week, creative work schedules options. Must be available day and evenings shifts and holidays.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The hiring range for this position is $15.68 - $16.90 per hour, depending on experience.
This position reports to the Supervisor of System Operators.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Interacts with the Customer Information System (CIS), Outage Management System (OMS), SCADA, Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL) and SmartTrack applications according to WEMC policy.
- Must have the ability to hear pertinent conversations and radio traffic in an active control room environment.
- Must be able to give clear directions.
- Must be able to communicate with both employees and member to resolve issues.
- Must be accurate, efficient and detail oriented; quick, technology-savvy with super situational awareness.
- Demonstrate effective employee relation skills.
- Selected candidate will receive extensive on the job training during the first two weeks of employment; with continuous training provided on a regular basis.
- Must pass background check and drug screen.
- A driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
Recruitment is ongoing until position is filled
**Cooperative Services Center, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status**