About Us: The Cooperative Services Center (CSC) supports all call center and dispatch functions for Wake Electric Membership Corporation. Wake Electric is an electric distribution cooperative owned and controlled by thousands of people just like you—the consumer-members. Wake EMC provides reliable, safe, and affordable energy and related services. We operate as a cooperative business and continually improve our services to meet the needs of our members and enhance their quality of life.
Summary: Provides support in communications, handling photography and videography needs, social media postings, generate material for news releases and articles, post material/information on website, support communication during storm emergencies, establish creative ways to tell the cooperative story to the members, the public, and produce & post material for the Changing Energy Podcast.
- Create material and publish content on social media platforms as well as maintaining accounts, update databases, and media list.
- Brainstorm ways to increase the presence of the cooperative, i.e., likes and followers on all social media platforms.
- Cover storm emergencies and outages and communicate updates on all social media platforms with current timely information.
- Photograph and create videos for social events at the cooperative.
- Design creative ways to tell and share the cooperative story to our members and the public.
- Produce content/material for 85th Anniversary of the cooperative project.
- Generate content/material for the Changing Energy Podcast as well as maintain its social media platforms.
- Navigate the streamline of communication between the cooperative and its members.
- All other communication duties as assigned.
- This position will report to the Manager of Member Services.
- This position will be located at the Wake Electric campus in Youngsville.
- Hiring range for the position is $22.12 to $24.50 depending on experience.
**Cooperative Services Center, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status**