Now offering a $500.00 sign-on bonus!!!!
Wake Electric Membership Corporation is an electric distribution cooperative owned and controlled by thousands of people just like you—the consumer-members. Wake EMC provides reliable, safe, and affordable energy and related services. We operate as a cooperative business and continually improve our services to meet the needs of our members and enhance their quality of life.
Hiring range $15.68 - $18.10 per hour depending on experience
*This position reports to Supervisor of System Operators*
- Learns and maintains working knowledge of the cooperative policies and procedures.
- Provide accurate, efficient, and timely service in handling consumer request and inquires.
- Timely respond to outages, including crew assignments.
- Timely respond to emergency calls.
- Detailed documentation of the events, monitor all alerts.
- Respond to all after-hours request, including reconnection of electric service.
- Monitor and grant visitors/deliveries access to the Youngsville facility.
- Hours not to exceed 20-hours per week, creative work schedules options. Must be available day and evenings shifts and holidays.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Cooperative Services Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans/Disabilities
- Must possess excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Interacts with the Customer Information System (CIS), Outage Management System (OMS), SCADA, Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL) and SmartTrack applications according to WEMC policy.
- Must have the ability to hear pertinent conversations and radio traffic in an active control room environment.
- Must be able to give clear directions.
- Must be able to communicate with both employees and member to resolve issues.
- Must be accurate, efficient and detail oriented; quick, technology-savvy with super situational awareness.
- Demonstrate effective employee relation skills.
- Selected candidate will receive extensive on the job training during the first two weeks of employment; with continuous training provided on a regular basis.
- Must pass background check and drug screen.
- A driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.