The Cooperative Services Center, Inc. is a Call Center and supports various customer service activities for Wake Electric Membership Corporation. Wake Electric is an Electric Utility Cooperative.
The Field Technician is responsible for investigating meter performance, tuning AMI meters to better report intervals for billing, acquiring any requested meter readings, and investigation of any high/low read requests, etc. for purpose of monthly billing as requested by the billing team.
The Field Technician also sets, connects, and disconnects meters, collects on delinquent accounts in the field, as well as investigation of idle meters, observation of security light billing errors, and disconnecting accounts found with meter tampering. The technician will be trained to respond to load management trouble calls, assist with non-climbing service work upon request and investigate outages and/or lead contract crews during outage restoration. The Field Technician will also be added to an on-call list and expected to be available after normal work hours to handle reconnects not available for remote reconnection.
The Field Technician reports to the Field Tech Supervisor and receives daily work assignments from this position.
*Starting hourly range for this position is $20.39 to $21.66 based on experience.
*Successful candidate will be required to pass a background check and drug test, must have valid NC Driver's License.
- Connect, disconnect, and reconnect electric service as assigned.
- Report any evidence of meter tampering and disconnect as requested.
- Make field visits to collect overdue electric bills and/or provide notes for future action.
- Employee will be on a rotational on-call list to set, connect, disconnect, and exchange meters as needed.
- Respond to load management trouble calls.
- Adhere to all company and department operating procedures and follow company prescribed safety procedures as it pertains to setting and pulling meters.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor and management.
- Must pass background check, drug screen, and have a valid driver’s license.
Cooperative Services Center INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans/Disabilities