Information Technology - Customer Service / Junior Support Technician
NerdsToGo is a cool, fast-growing brand that provides IT solutions to small & medium business (SMB) and residential consumers. We service every type of technology from computers and printers to networks, internet connections, security and much more!
The Technician will focused on our residential customers, completing desktop configurations, installations and upgrades of personal computer hardware and software, perform technology audits, provide software and operating system support on Mac and all versions of Windows, and offer proactive remote monitoring. The candidate must have a strong field service background and customer service skills. Technicians must have solid technical skills, good communication skills and the desire to be a part of growing and exciting team.
- Onsite or in-office support of customer's computer solutions for Apple and Windows-based PCs
- Offer solutions such as hardware upgrades to customers
- Home network installation and maintenance (wired, wireless, LAN, WAN)
- Data recovery and loss prevention
- Virus protection and Spyware/Adware removal
- Computer security enhancement
- PC Hardware and software fault isolation and repair
- System repair and upgrades
- Software upgrade and installation
- One-on-one training and mentoring customers as needed on technology critical to them
- Strong knowledge and job experience with Apple and Windows-based PCs and networking in residential environments
- Strong knowledge and job experience of PC troubleshooting and repair, both hardware and software/OS
- Strong knowledge and job experience of MS-365 configuration, deployment and administration for residential customers.
- Strong knowledge and job experience of residential network troubleshooting, wiring, PC troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge and job experience of cybersecurity as it relates to residential (ex. antivirus and firewall)
- Professional, high-energy, customer-oriented work ethic
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Must be willing to submit to mandatory background check
- Local family-owned owned franchise of a national brand
- Great culture
- All tools provided
- Access to fully branded Nerd Van
- Opportunity to be a part of a growing brand!